Adam Jones, a former NFL cornerback, is known by his nickname, “Pacman.” The nickname has been with him since he was a child, and it has stuck with him throughout his professional career.
There are two stories about how Jones got his nickname. One story says that his mother gave him the nickname when he was a baby because he would eat food like Pac-Man, the popular video game character. The other story says that Jones’s high school coach gave him the nickname because he thought Jones resembled the video game character.
No matter how he got his nickname, Jones has embraced it. He has even used it as his jersey number throughout his career. Jones has also been known to dress up as Pac-Man for Halloween.
Why was Adam Jones Nicknamed Pacman?
Jones’s nickname is a reminder of his talent and his troubled past. It is a nickname that he has both embraced and struggled with. But through it all, Jones has remained a force on the football field and a household name in the NFL.
Here are some additional details about Adam Jones’s nickname:
- Jones’s mother, Leatha Jones, gave him the nickname when he was a baby because he would eat food like Pac-Man, the popular video game character.
- Jones’s high school coach, Bill Castle, also gave him the nickname because he thought Jones resembled the video game character.
- Jones has embraced his nickname and has even used it as his jersey number throughout his career.
- Jones has also been known to dress up as Pac-Man for Halloween.
- Jones’s nickname is a reflection of his aggressive style of play. He is known for being a physical cornerback who is not afraid to hit. He is also a skilled ballhawk who has had a knack for making interceptions.
- Jones’s nickname has also been used to highlight his off-field troubles. Jones has been arrested several times for various offenses, including assault, disorderly conduct, and gun possession. He has also been suspended from the NFL multiple times.
- Despite his off-field problems, Jones has been a productive player on the field. He has been named to the Pro Bowl four times and has been selected to the All-Pro team twice. He was also part of the Cincinnati Bengals team that won Super Bowl LVI in 2022.
- Jones’s nickname is a reminder of his talent and his troubled past. It is a nickname that he has both embraced and struggled with. But through it all, Jones has remained a force on the football field and a household name in the NFL.
What is Pacman Jones Real Name?
Pacman Jones’s real name is Adam Bernard Jones. He was born on September 30, 1983, in Atlanta, Georgia. He played college football at West Virginia University, where he was a two-time All-Big East selection. He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
What High School Did Adam Pacman Jones Go To?
Adam “Pacman” Jones was a standout football and basketball player at Westlake High School in Atlanta, Georgia. He was named an All-American by USA Today as a senior in 2000. Jones went on to play college football at the University of Oklahoma, where he was a two-time All-Big 12 selection.
What Was Pacman Jones Accused of?
Adam “Pacman” Jones has a long history of legal accusations, both on and off the field. Here are some of the most notable instances:
- Strip Club Shooting: Jones was indicted on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and disorderly conduct after a shooting at a Las Vegas strip club. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanors and received probation.
- Double Shooting: Jones was again charged with assault with a deadly weapon after a shooting at a nightclub in Atlanta. He eventually pleaded guilty to misdemeanors and received probation.
- Aggravated Assault: Jones was accused of assaulting a woman at a casino in Cincinnati. He was eventually found not guilty.
- Obstruction of Justice: Jones was arrested and charged with obstructing justice after allegedly interfering with a police investigation at a nightclub in Atlanta. He was later found not guilty.
- Battery and Theft: Jones was arrested and charged with battery and theft after an altercation with a security guard at a casino in Indiana. He eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and received probation.
- Assault: Jones was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault after allegedly punching and kicking a security guard at a bar in Cincinnati. He pleaded no contest and received probation.
- Alcohol Intoxication, Disorderly Conduct, and Terroristic Threatening: Jones was arrested at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport on these charges. He was later released on bond.
It’s important to note that these are just some of the legal accusations Jones has faced. He has maintained his innocence in many of these cases, and some charges have been dismissed or resulted in not-guilty verdicts.
Adam Jones, nicknamed “Pacman”, is a former American football cornerback. He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans sixth overall in the 2005 NFL Draft. He also played for the Dallas Cowboys and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Jones was suspended from the NFL for one year in 2007 after violating the league’s personal conduct policy. He then had a series of legal troubles, including an altercation at a Las Vegas nightclub in February 2007 that led to his suspension. In 2009, he plead guilty to conspiracy to commit felony assault and served time in prison.
After his release from prison, Jones signed with the Bengals and had his best season as a pro, earning a spot on the AFC Pro Bowl team. However, off-field issues continued to plague him; in 2011, he was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after an altercation with police officers in Cincinnati. The following year, he was arrested again for assault after punching a man at a bar in Kentucky.
Despite his many brushes with the law, Jones has been praised for his on-field play; he is considered one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL.