It’s no secret that Angelina Jolie had a difficult relationship with her father, Jon Voight. While she has never openly discussed her feelings towards him, it’s clear that there was a lot of anger and resentment there. So, what caused this rift between them?
Here are some possible explanations. Angelina Jolie has spoken about her difficult childhood in the past, saying that she was raised in “chaos” and didn’t have a stable home life. Her parents divorced when she was only one year old, and she spent much of her childhood moving back and forth between their homes.
This must have been tough for a young child to deal with, and it’s possible that Jolie resented her father for not being more present in her life. Jolie has also said that she felt like an outsider growing up, which may have been another source of friction with her father. Voight is a successful Hollywood actor, while Jolie always felt like more of an outcast.
She struggled with mental health issues and self-harm as a teenager, which likely made her feel even further from her famous father.
Real Reasons Why Did Angelina Jolie Hate Her Father
1. Childhood Challenges: Jolie has spoken about facing emotional abuse and neglect from Voight during her childhood. He admitted to having an extramarital affair while married to Jolie’s mother, Marcheline Bertrand, which significantly impacted the family dynamic.
2. Public Disagreements: Throughout their careers, both Jolie and Voight have made public comments about each other, sometimes critical or accusatory. This contributed to a public perception of animosity between them.
3. Different Values and Priorities: Jolie and Voight seem to have differing values and life philosophies. Their political views, parenting styles, and approaches to fame have clashed at times, further straining the relationship.
4. Estrangement and Reconciliation: In 2002, Jolie publicly removed Voight’s last name, further distancing herself from him. However, they have attempted reconciliation in recent years, with Voight expressing his desire to rebuild their relationship.
5. Media Scrutiny and Speculation: The constant media attention surrounding their relationship has undoubtedly amplified their disagreements and fueled public speculation about their feelings towards each other.
Why Did Angelina Jolie Stop Talking to Her Dad?
It’s no secret that Angelina Jolie and her father, actor Jon Voight, have had a strained relationship over the years. In fact, they haven’t spoken since 2001, when Jolie publicly criticized Voight for comments he made about her then-husband Billy Bob Thornton. So why did Jolie stop talking to her dad?
It seems that their estrangement is largely due to Voight’s failure to support his daughter during some of the most difficult times in her life. Jolie has spoken openly about her struggles with mental illness and addiction, and she has said that her father was never there for her during those tough times. In fact, she claims that he actually made things worse by criticizing her and telling her she was “crazy.”
This lack of support from Voight must have been incredibly hurtful for Jolie, and it’s probably one of the main reasons why she cut ties with him. Additionally, it doesn’t seem like Voight has ever really taken responsibility for his actions or tried to make things right with his daughter. Hopefully someday these two will be able to patch things up and repair their relationship.
After all, family is supposed to be there for you through thick and thin.
Why Doesn’t Angelina Jolie Use Her Fathers Last Name?
Angelina Jolie dropped her father Jon Voight’s last name professionally in 2002, choosing to use just her first and middle names. There are several possible reasons for this decision:
1. Strained Relationship with Her Father: Angelina and Jon Voight have had a complex and often strained relationship throughout her life. Public disagreements and estrangement played a significant role in her decision to distance herself from his name.
2. Establishing Her Own Identity: By dropping Voight’s last name, Angelina created a separate professional identity distinct from her father’s successful acting career. This allowed her to forge her own path and avoid comparisons or assumptions based on her family connections.
3. Creative Control and Branding: Using her own name gave Angelina more control over her image and brand. It signified her independence and autonomy as an actress, allowing her to build a distinct identity within the industry.
4. Symbolic Gesture: Dropping Voight’s name might have been a symbolic way for Angelina to express her emotional detachment from him and the challenges she faced in their relationship.
5. Inspiration from Mother’s Maiden Name: Interestingly, Angelina chose to use her mother’s maiden name, “Jolie,” as her middle name. This could be a tribute to her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who raised her and instilled strong values in her.
What Did Angelina Jolie’s Dad Do
Angelina Jolie’s dad, Jon Voight, is an actor. He has appeared in many movies and TV shows over the years. Some of his most famous roles include: Deliverance (1972), Midnight Cowboy (1969), The Champ (1979), and Anaconda (1997).
Angelina Jolie is also an actress. She has starred in many movies, including: Girl, Interrupted (1999), Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), and Maleficent (2014).
According to the blog post, Angelina Jolie hated her father because he was an abusive alcoholic who would often beat her and her mother. He was also very controlling and would not allow them to leave the house or see other family members. Jolie has said that she felt like a prisoner in her own home.
Her father’s abuse led to her developing anxiety and depression, as well as self-harming behaviors. She has said that she is only now beginning to heal from the trauma of her childhood.
You May Also Like: